Thursday, March 06, 2008

Over-analysis

I typically view quite a few sites to get previews of the games, run through all sorts of statistical information and look at upcoming schedules before picking my games. I tend to over-analyze some of these games sometimes, when simply throwing something up on the wall and seeing what sticks. So today, I will do that and just limit myself to one game of "over-analysis."

CONNECTICUT -5 @ Providence
Providence came into UConn's home court and beat them several months back. This started the great run for the Huskies. UConn is a far better team, will have revenge on their mind, and Providence is a mess right now.

ARIZONA -12 @ Oregon state
The wildcats have been an elusive team for me to pick. Fortunately for us, they are playing Oregon state, who is really bad. The beavers will have no answer for Bayliss and Budinger.

ST. JOSEPH'S +2 vs. Xavier
This is the game I am struggling with. Xavier has stepped up to every challenge this year plowing through their league and a terrific non conference schedule. But they don't have a ton to play for here. They are firmly entrenched as a 2 or 3 seed and need to focus on getting Drew Lavender healthy again, who is still nursing a sore ankle. This is such a huge game for St. Joseph's who will be playing their last game at the Fieldhouse.


I see a letdown game coming from Clemson playing @ Ga Tech +2, who likely wrapped up an NCAA bid by stealing one on the road at Maryland.

Pac 10 thoughts
ASU +5.5 @ Oregon
USC -8.5 vs. Cal
UCLA -8.5 vs. Stanford

Money

1 Comments:

Blogger maia said...

Money,
I'm watching the UCLA game now -- they're down 12 at half. Classic halftime bet. Bruins will cover original line.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home