Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Not all bounce back games are created equal

As soon as Texas lost to Texas Tech last week, I checked out the schedule of both teams to see who their next games were against. Tech was traveling to KU and got punished. We all saw that coming, bet on it and prospered. Well, I don't feel the same way about Texas tonite. I think they will win and come out strong (I think the first half line is better than the full game line), but I fear a second half lapse of intensity and a back door cover for a Nebraska team, which has been playing quite well of late. I am leaving both Texas and Kent state off of my selections tonite. They both win though, so if either is down at half, I don't have to tell you to chase them.

Tonite's plays;

FLORIDA STATE +16 @ North Carolina
UNC is focused on getting Lawson healthy and the big showdown with Duke on Saturday. Toney Douglas told Andy Katz that they will "shock the world." A totally over-used cliché. I don't think "the world" cares about FSU basketball. However, I do think the Seminoles will compete and play hard, which is all I really care about.

KANSAS STATE -16.5 vs. Colorado
Speaking of bounce back games, this is one that I trust. KSU is a different team at home. They are in a slump right now, losing 5 of their last 6 games, so this game means a lot to them and they punish a bad Colorado team.

OHIO STATE -2.5 vs. Purdue
The buckeyes are a desperate team. Purdue has not won in Columbus since Feb 7, 1998.

Money

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home