Friday, November 21, 2008

Week #12

This should be an exciting weekend for college football. We have many games where bowl decisions will be made and national title hopes dashed. In addition to this, we have the start of another fantastic college basketball season underway. B. Anthony has been documenting daily his thoughts on the top games to play. The first couple of weeks are great times to find some easy winners when the public is still betting on last year’s team. I gave you The Drake last year about this time and I am on the scoop to find similar talented and under-exposed teams. For now, on to football. Here are the standings:

Coach 120
JB 119
CCR 116
TG 114
Dollar Bill 114
D43 114
T Bone 113
Money 111

Miami @ Georgia Tech
Fresno St. @ San Jose St.
Boise St. @ Nevada
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma
BYU @ Utah
Iowa @ Minnesota
Illinois @ Northwestern
Oregon St. @ Arizona
Washington @ Washington St.
Florida St. @ Maryland
Boston College @ Wake Forest
Pitt @ Cincinnati
Tennessee @ Vandy
Akron @ Ohio
UCONN @ South Florida
Michigan St @ Penn St.___1____pts

Another Thursday is in the books, and Money managed to pick the loser again. I am so bad on Thursday nights. I really like both San Jose State and Nevada at home, getting points to win. Fresno state is really banged up and not the same the team they have been in the past. Nevada can score and this game is always a shootout. I believe Oklahoma will win, but I will take the points and bet on Texas Tech. I said it last week about Penn state and I will say it again here; the BCS system will play itself out. Texas Tech, while vastly talented, is not the best 1 or 2 team in the country. They lose here. I like Utah in the holy war. They have played a tougher schedule and have done better in big game situations. I really hope Oregon State wins because I would love to see them in the Rose Bowl. But, Oregon state is not going to play in the Rose Bowl. It just 'aint happening. Arizona is a great at home and they cover the line and beat OSU. Too bad though. I have no comment on the apple bowl. Who cares? Vanderbilt will win easy over Tennessee.

The Coach omitted The Big Game this week from his selections. Not sure why. I really like Stanford getting 9 points. This is a real gift. Take the Cardinal now and hope the line drops enough so a MONEYline bet is given and take that bet as well. This is a 50/50 game. Both teams have average QBs. Yes, Riley is an average quarterback. In fact, I may be kind calling him average. I don’t think he is very good. Longshore is worse though. Both teams have a good running game. Cal has the better D. Better coach? That is easy. Harbough wins here. He is a better big game coach, and by big game I don’t mean cal/Stanford, I mean winning a big game like USC, of which Tedford has NEVER done. Go Bears, but I expect a Cardinal win.

College picks

SAN JOSE STATE +3.5 vs. Fresno state
VANDERBILT -3 vs. Tennessee
STANFURD +9 @ Cal
NEVADA +7 vs. Boise state
ARIZONA -3 vs. Oregon state
TEXAS TECH +7 vs. Oklahoma


Pro picks

NEW ENGLAND +1 @ Miami
BEARS -8 @ LAMBS

Survivor thought:
I already made my pick to D43 last night. I told him to take Pittsburgh. He did, and then talked himself out of it. Instead of sitting back and watching all the upsets come in this weekend, he has to pick a team and hope for the best. My choice is Da Bears. Definite NO on Denver.

Money

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home