Saturday, March 25, 2006

Four Corners

Somebody throw some water on me. Not because I am so hot. I need to be woken up after watching that dreadful UCLA/Memphis game. I am happy UCLA won and I expected the Bruins to force the tempo of the game, but I think they took it a bit too far. The refs kept calling fouls, UCLA kept missing free throws, and Memphis could not make a 3 point shot. In the end, you have to give credit to UCLA for getting to the final four. It makes the Pac 10 look good too.

LSU is so athletic and big. In hindsight, they seemed like such an obvious pick for the final four. I knew Duke would not get out of the sweet 16 and had them losing to either Texas A&M or LSU in every pool. But, I wish I had the guts to pick them over Texas. I don’t know why I fell into the Longhorn trap. They are so talented and have a great team, but they are way too inconsistent to win 6 or even 4 games in a row. Shame on you Money.

The Final Four is shaping up to be a good one in Indy, with LSU and UCLA and most likely Uconn and either Florida or Villanova. Those are 4 really great teams from 4 power conferences. I do give George Mason a chance tomorrow so don’t book the ticket to Indy yet. Uconn should have lost on Friday to Washington. I will blame the coach for this one. You would have thought Romar would have learned his lesson after Stanford burned Washington in the regular season on a last second 3 point shot. How in the world does Anderson get a shot off? Don’t let the only guy who can kill you, shoot it. If nothing else, foul them before they take the shot and put them on the line for 2 free throws.

Money’s Trip to the Bank: The team in ALL CAPS is my pick.

GEORGE MASON +8 vs. Uconn
This is a home game for George Mason. They will give these guys a fight, a fight they will most likely lose, but one that should stay competitive throughout. The Huskies do not have that killer instinct and won’t feel the need to blow somebody out. They will win, just not by 8 points.

FLORIDA +1.5 vs. Villanova
It has been a great run for the Wildcats. They have proven the country wrong by winning with 4 guards. But, this is where I draw the line. Florida can do the same thing offensively that Villanova can do, but they also have a frontcourt, and they are playing better defense too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home