Thursday, February 23, 2006

Four Corners

Every Monday-Thursday (and occasional weekend games) renowned college basketball expert, Money, will be handicapping the games for you. Picks and thoughts will be posted prior to tip-off, typically by 3:30 pm pst.

Things are really picking up now with The Truth. Money has been on fire recently with his college basketball selections. There have been some early discussions (I don’t mind talking about this with you) regarding the opening up of another office in India to create a worldwide “look and feel” to The Truth.

Based on the tremendous feedback, I thought I would devote today’s section to our readers and open up the Mailbag! Who knows, maybe this will become a weekly feature. I am going to bounce this idea off my counterparts in India.

Money,
Great picks recently. Keep it up! What is your secret? I played 4 years at Colgate and I thought I had all the answers. Your basketball knowledge is vastly superior to mine. Did you play in college?
-Anonymous


Thanks Anonymous. No, I did not play in college. Just one year of fundamental basketball in high school and a gambling class at Cal. I have no secret to betting, but I do look at a lot of different numbers and statistics. The bottom line is I look for teams playing well that may not be nationally recognized vs. teams that are over-publicized that are playing poorly or in a slump. Case in point last night, UTEP +15 at Memphis.
$

Money,
What’s with your love affair of Kansas? It seems that you “make out” with them any chance you can get. I know you consider them a dark horse final four contender, are there others?
-Spuds


Spuds,
You are right, I like Kansas a lot, but I don’t think I am ready to take that relationship to the next level. To make it to the Final Four you need a team that plays tough defense with good guard play. Kansas could be there, same with Iowa, LSU, UCLA, George Mason and Arkansas.
$

Money,
I went to Santa Clara and am a big believer in the WCC. Do my Broncos have a chance to make the tournament? How far will Gonzaga go?
T-Bone


T-Bone,
The Broncos will have to win their conference tournament to make the NCAA tournament. Travis Niesen gives them hope, but their season will likely be done after the conference tournament. Incidentally, my hoops game has been compared to that lad.
I think Gonzaga will get to the sweet 16, but have a really hard time advancing any further. It would not shock me to see them lose in the second round. I do love Morrison (more than I love Kansas) and am hoping he plays until the end.
$

Money,
I am in Vero Beach, Florida scouting the Dodgers now. I plan on making a big splash to The Truth again once baseball season starts up again.
Oski


Thanks Oski. Our readers have been asking about you. They thought you died.
$

Money's trip to the Bank: (Money's Cash cow to date - 39 wins, 26 losses). The team in ALL CAPS is my pick.

CAL -2 @ Washington state
If the Bears lose this game, they don’t deserve a ticket to the big dance.

NOTE: There is a comment field at the end of each article if you feel like expressing your anger publicly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home