Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Four Corners

Every Monday-Thursday (and occasional weekend games) renowned college basketball expert, Money, will be handicapping the games for you. Picks and thoughts will be posted prior to tip-off, typically by 3:30 pm pst.

Bubble Guide. Bubble watch. Bubble popper. Pimple popper. Poppy pants. Is there nothing else to talk about? Everywhere you look some basketball expert is talking about who is on the bubble, who is in, and who is out. Just play the damn game and tune in to Selection Sunday on CBS. If you must, check out Bracketology on espn, but let’s not spend a lot time discussing the bubble teams; let’s just bet on them.

A few of my teams for today’s picks are on this perceived bubble. Are they going to get into the tournament? Frankly, I don’t care. But I do know they will play hard for forty minutes, and from a betting point of view, that is all you can ask for.

I have not been impressed with the slate of games the past couple of days, so I have been putting out a small number of games. Money likes today.

Money's trip to the Bank: (Money's Cash cow to date - 43 wins, 30 losses, 2 pushes). The team in ALL CAPS is my pick.

LaSALLE pk @ Fordham
Fordham? Where the hell is Fordham? For that matter, where the hell is LaSalle? Never mind. This is basketball not, geography. LaSalle wins the game.

MARQUETTE +4 @ Louisville
Money has had a number of temporary favorite teams over the course of the year. Marquette is currently the flavor of the week.

PENN STATE +13 @ Iowa
State Penn plays well on the road. 13 points? This game will come down to the wire.

TEXAS A&M +6.5 vs. Texas
I will be the first to admit that Texas looked like the best team in the country as they dismantled my girlfriend Kansas. UT is incredibly inconsistent, and I expect them to play to the level of their opponent in this game.

FLORIDA STATE +6.5 vs. Duke
I love home dogs. I would prefer the number to be higher, and it should be, but FSU matches up well with Duke, so I will take what they give me.

OHIO STATE -7 @ Northwestern
Move over Kansas, Ohio State has taken your spot in my heart. That is, until they screw me.

KENTUCKY +5 @ Tennessee
I like the way Kentucky is playing. They still have a lot of fight left in them.

NOTE: There is a comment field at the end of each article if you feel like expressing your anger publicly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too many picks. I will book them all, with the hope that you are under 50%.

I know you are anxious to get to Vegas, but look for line value not just quantity!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Money said...

Thanks for reading Mr/Mrs Anonymous.

You may be right that there are too many picks here. I hope that my clients use some discretion. Believe it or not, this list is filtered. Money has a history of going over 50%, so booking these bets would be unwise. But being anonymous, you have nothing to lose!

By the way, is this mom, trying to generate a buzz on my web site?

Money

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home