Monday, March 02, 2009

March is here

Before I get into the excitement of flipping the calendar page from February to March, I would like to begin with an apology. No, I am not going to apologize for my picks and missing them. They are my opinions and you can do what you want with them. Some follow them, others go opposite of me. Whatever works for you. I am happy to help in either event.

I would like to apologize in advance to the people that I will likely hurt, ignore or fall short on expectations. First to my wife Penny, she knows when March comes around that Money is pretty much useless. I am not a good listener this month and only do chores around the house on commercial breaks. I would like to apologize in advance to my kids. They will receive little from me this month. No baseball tosses on a Sunday afternoon with my son. No dance shows to Jo Bros with the girls. “There is your dinner, stick in the microwave and tuck yourself in bed.” The dogs won’t be fed this month. They are a little overweight so this will be good for them. The only thing my kids will likely get this month is a trinket that I pick up for them coming back from Vegas.

Work is another story. I will do my best to look professional. I will shave each day and brush my teeth. That is about as far as I will go. I will have a hard time concentrating. I will hear the term “Return on Investment” or other random phrases that come up in my day to day operations and my thoughts will immediately turn to a 100 dollar wager getting me 2500 when I pick my long shot NCAA champion.

However, The Truth will not be ignored.

VILLANOVA +3.5 @ Notre Dame

BAYLOR +7.5 @ Texas

It should be noted that I don’t have a great feel for either one of these games. Notre Dame is wildly inconsistent. Conventional wisdom would say that this is a game the Irish have to win. I say, that does not matter and ND sucks. Villanova will look to get back on track tonite and win easily. Texas is another team that is very difficult to gauge. They have talent, but no point guard. The sooner this team is out of the tournament, the better, as far as I am concerned. Baylor has struggled this year, but will put up a good fight in this game.
I may lay off both games, but if I bet, this is way I would do it.

Good luck!
Money

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home